Wiki SK removal by snipping

Best answers
Hello, I need some help with this procedure one of our docs did. She did a scissor snip of a raised SK. Here is the procedure:

Indication(s) Traumatized SK from brushing hair.
Consent It was explained that these lesions are benign and no further treatment is needed. RBA .
Locations scalp.
Method The areas were prepped with betadine. Lidocaine w/ epi used.
Utilizing an Adson's forceps and iris scissors, the lesion were snipped at their bases. Any bleeding was controlled with Drysol solution.
Post-op Discussed with patients signs to watch for if infection occurs, pain more than expected etc. Should call with any concerns

Can I use 11200 if it is not a skin tag? Or maybe a shave excision? There is no specific code for snipping of an sk, so is this a non billable procedure?

Any advice would be great, thank you!

Hello, did you ever find an answer to this? I'm facing something similar with a different dx, but also wondering if it is appropriate to use 11200 for a non-skin tag lesion that was snipped. I checked the LCD policy and there are other dx that are allowed, so it obviously must be ok, but it feels so wrong to me for some reason. I would feel so much better just to see someone say it is okay lol

Hello, I need some help with this procedure one of our docs did. She did a scissor snip of a raised SK. Here is the procedure:

Indication(s) Traumatized SK from brushing hair.
Consent It was explained that these lesions are benign and no further treatment is needed. RBA .
Locations scalp.
Method The areas were prepped with betadine. Lidocaine w/ epi used.
Utilizing an Adson's forceps and iris scissors, the lesion were snipped at their bases. Any bleeding was controlled with Drysol solution.
Post-op Discussed with patients signs to watch for if infection occurs, pain more than expected etc. Should call with any concerns

Can I use 11200 if it is not a skin tag? Or maybe a shave excision? There is no specific code for snipping of an sk, so is this a non billable procedure?

Any advice would be great, thank you!
I know that this is late and a bit outside surgeries that I normally code, but it seems to me that the provider is removing a benign skin lesion (SK). Have you looked at code 11420? This supports the diagnosis L82.0.