Wiki SNF MDS Audit

Best answers
I have a resident who is post pedestrian struck by motor vehicle at age 4. TBI, with residual effects of left sided weakness, listed as uspecified hemiplegia of nondominate left UE and foot drop plus LE weakness.
Currently, the concern is the diagnosis chosen for the hemiplegia doesn't connect to the TBI and I cannot find anything related in the search except CVA which she did not have. Any thoughts or feedback on how to connect the 2 or if it's necessary? We did code the accident, so I would lean toward leaving the hemiplegia alone. Trying to audit the MDS for her quarterly for more specific codes.

if the provider is stating that the hemiplegia was caused by the TBI, I would use the TBI code S06.9x*(S), with the 7th character 'S' for sequela and code with the hemiplegia code.
the hemiplegia would be coded first, followed by the TBI code.

if the provider is stating that the hemiplegia was caused by the TBI, I would use the TBI code S06.9x*(S), with the 7th character 'S' for sequela and code with the hemiplegia code.
the hemiplegia would be coded first, followed by the TBI code.
Thank you! That is exactly what I was thinking. We have the Sequela code, everyone just thought the hemiplegia should have something more specific and I did not think outside of CVA there were codes for this.