Wiki Spinal Stenosis with or without neurogenic claudication

kjchmiel

Contributor
Best answers
hi,

Converting 724.02 (Spinal Stenosis w/o NC) and 724.03 (Spinal Stenosis w/ NC) to ICD-10 gives me M48.06 (Spinal Stenosis, lumbar region). It does not specify if it is with or without neurogenic claudication, which is why there was 724.02 and 724.03. What if neurogenic claudication is indicated? :confused:

I was just looking for this same thing

hi,

Converting 724.02 (Spinal Stenosis w/o NC) and 724.03 (Spinal Stenosis w/ NC) to ICD-10 gives me M48.06 (Spinal Stenosis, lumbar region). It does not specify if it is with or without neurogenic claudication, which is why there was 724.02 and 724.03. What if neurogenic claudication is indicated? :confused:

According to the information I found at www.icd10data.com, M48.06 covers lumbar stenosis with and without neurogenic claudication

"M48.06 is a billable ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
•Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.
•This is the American ICD-10-CM version of M48.06. Other international ICD-10 versions may differ.

Approximate Synonyms •Lumbar spinal stenosis no neurogenic claudication
•Lumbar spinal stenosis w neurogenic claudication
•Neurogenic claudication due to spinal stenosis of lumbar region
•Spinal stenosis lumbar region
•Spinal stenosis lumbar region, neurogenic claudicati
•Spinal stenosis of lumbar region
•Spinal stenosis of lumbar region with myelopathy
•Spinal stenosis of lumbar region without neurogenic claudication
•Spinal stenosis of lumbar spine
•Spinal stenosis of lumbar spine w myelopathy
•Spinal stenosis of lumbar spine w neurogenic claudication
•Spinal stenosis of lumbar spine wo neurogenic claudication