Wiki Spine coding help

jamiepeters

Networker
Best answers
If there are any spine coders out there that have dealt with this before would you mind please telling me what or how I get a diagnosis from this. Or is this something my provider needs to be more specific about? I have not seen or heard of this before so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
1694724667306.png
1694724718463.png

It's a spelling error by whoever transcribed (person or AI). It's supposed to say distraction. Sometimes also called flexion-distraction or chance fracture. It's the machnism of injury which causes the fracture. There's a sentence in the report that says the patient fell. He also has underlying ankylosing spondylitis with ossified ALL according to the report. So, sounds like he had a prior fusion and fell and injured T9-10. Try chance or fracture>thoracic in the index.

Sometimes, you have to do a little digging and research, google is your friend. Spelling errors are pretty common in reports unfortunately.

It's a spelling error by whoever transcribed (person or AI). It's supposed to say distraction. Sometimes also called flexion-distraction or chance fracture. It's the machnism of injury which causes the fracture. There's a sentence in the report that says the patient fell. He also has underlying ankylosing spondylitis with ossified ALL according to the report. So, sounds like he had a prior fusion and fell and injured T9-10. Try chance or fracture>thoracic in the index.

Sometimes, you have to do a little digging and research, google is your friend. Spelling errors are pretty common in reports unfortunately.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. SPINE CODE IS STILL PRETTY NEW FOR ME AND A STRUGGLE AS TIMES. :)