Wiki Split/shared billing

Best answers
Our new NP is currently training under two of our physicians in the hospital, and will train in the office later. But I have issues with hospital and could use some advice. Our physicians are choosing at this time to go with documenting one of the 3 components to meet substantive portion so that charge can be billed out under their NPI. I have provided them with many materials from CMS etc and I have indicated that they need to complete one of the components in its entirety. I'm new at billing/auditing split/shared and they are new at documenting it :)
Say for example, the physician chooses MDM. In the visit note, I see that the NP performs the face-to-face visit and has documented MDM but when the physician comes in and does his attestation he says he agrees with the NP assessment but adds an addendum where he addressed MDM as well, but different than what the NP notated. In my mind, there should be no MDM in the NP's visit note and it should all be under the physician's attestation. Is that correct?
I see that the physician must perform one of the 3 key components in it's entirety (exam, history, or MDM) or spend more than 50% of time on the visit. Shouldn't all of the component be documented in his attestation in order for him to be able to bill under his NPI? Thank you!