Wiki Stereopsis testing on kindergarten exam

dannybelle

Best answers
In North Carolina they are now requiring a steriopsis exam (for depth perception) with the kindergarten exam. I can not find a CPT to use for just it or is it bundled in with the regular snelling eye exam?

In North Carolina they are now requiring a steriopsis exam (for depth perception) with the kindergarten exam. I can not find a CPT to use for just it or is it bundled in with the regular snelling eye exam?

i also live in NC having to bill the same thing, right know i am doing some reading up on this. I have made some calls once i get an answer i will be glad to pass this on.:)

I agree - that falls under the vision testing - (all they do is pick the wings off the bug) to check depth perception

Stereopsis testing on kidergarten exam

Thanks for the info. That is what I thought. So it appears we most likely will not be reimbursed as we usually are not for routine eye exam??????:p

Do you know of any job opportunity in the area i live around Fayetteville. i have been looking now about 2 months and have not foun anything. can you help me out willing to travel.

so glad to see this

:) I am from NC too and so glad to see this post. Just this week, this came up in our offices and 99173 is best I could come up with as well. When did they start testing for this? I have a soon to be kindergartener who was not tested in May.
thanks