Wiki Stereotactic treatment/Rad Onc

denisek1028

Networker
Best answers
Regarding 77470 and 77432. These are unable to be billed on same DOS and I was hoping someone could tell me how their clinic was billing the special treatment procedure, 77470, and what day they were billing it on?

Thank you!

You should not be billing a 77470 for the sole purpose of stereotactic treatments. Stereotactic is considered "special" in and of itself and you are already being reimbursed extra for performing this type of treatment. The 77470 is only allowed for work above and beyond that is not already being reimbursed through any other codes.
You can bill a 77470 if the patient has a different circumstance that warrants it beyond just the stereo (i.e. they have a pacemaker that will need to be monitored during a lung SBRT)

Hope this help

Alanna M Stuart BS RT(R)(T), CPC, ROCC, CHONC
Administrative Director
PMSI Medical Billing
1097 Longfellow Dr.
Hiawatha, IA 52233
319-286-3763
astuart@pmsia.com

If you are billing the 77470 for a warranted reason, it usually should end up being billed the date of the physician's clinical planning note which is the note that the physician should state the additional work and why this is above and beyond the normal. Typically the physician's clinical planning note is performed the day of the initial simulation.

Alanna M Stuart BS RT(R)(T), CPC, ROCC, CHONC
Administrative Director
Physicians Management Services of Iowa
1097 Longfellow Dr.
Hiawatha, IA 52233
319-286-3763
astuart@pmsia.com