Wiki sternoclavicular joint

rejenia

Networker
Best answers
I have a report that the procedure was a left clavicular head of sternoclavicular joint was debrided.
I having a hard time finding a code for this. first time coding a report like this one. Can anyone lead me i the right direction

Report states:
a transverse incision was made starting at the sternomanubrial joint extending to the mid thrid of the left clavicle. Electrocautery was used to dissect down through the subcutaneous tissues. These were quite inflamed and hyperemic. Upon approaching the joint purulent debris emanated. This was then cultured. We then disesected around the mid third of the left clavicle. It wa divided using an oscillating saw. the remainder of the clavicular head was then dissected free using electrocautery and then removed. the remainder of the joint was then debrided using roungeurs.

At this point the wound was packed. Hemostatis was confirmed. A vac sponge was then obtained, cut to fit, and placed around into the wound suction was applied.

This isn't my area of specialty, but I think I would code this as 23120 as a partial claviculectomy. The debridement done during the approach would be considered incidental to the partial removal of the clavicle, which is the primary procedure here.