Wiki Strapping in the physician office

Best answers
Hi there, i am new to coding and i am a little confused about strapping codes. Cpt states that strapping codes can be used only when the application is a replacement procedure performed during or after the period of follow up care....so in the following scenario would i be able to bill a strapping code:

16 year old male seen for right shoulder pain after a fall, given motrin, xrays done no fracture or other injury seen, follow up visit next day patient continues with pain, strapping done and patient given flexaril, no referral of any kind.
Can i bill :

99213 e/m
thanks! Any help greatly appreciated!

The strapping charge is legitimate in this case. What CPT states is that payment for the first strapping or cast/splint application is included in the payment of the fracture treatment. I have encountered the misunderstanding many times in which people say "the first strapping/application is free". Nothing is free. If you have not billed a fracture/dislocation treatment, bill your strapping/application every time. If you have reported a fracture/dislocation treatment, the first strapping/application is included in the payment of the procedure.

Bill Hale, CPC