Wiki stress test/stressing me out

MFaulkner

Networker
Best answers
I work in a cardiology office and we do in house exercise stress test (plain treadmil) I was using 93015, and 78414-TC however insurances is not wanting to pay the 78414-TC am I using the wrong code? and also our stress test for inpatient or outpatient for medicare and medicaid I use 93016, 93018, 78483-26 yet again they are not wanting to pay the 78483-26 what should I be using (PLEASE HELP):confused:

Do you perform the nuclear portion of the stress test with the intrep? Do you own the equipment? We use 78452 for mycardial perfusion SPECT. Since we own the equipment we don't have to append the modifier of 26. Hope this helps.

well the exercise stress test we do do in house and it is the 78414-TC that we are charging because we do own the equipment, and we do also do nuclear in house however we also do them at the hospital and the ones i am having trouble with are the ones at the hospital i used to use 78452-26 for all at hospital and we were told medicare and medicaid request us to use the 78483-26 however they are not paying either