Wiki Struggling with Practicode

Best answers
I am struggling to complete this Practicode trying to gain more experience. I passed my CPC in June. I felt very confident, but doing the Practicode sometimes I would be victorious and other be totally defected and wanting to quit because maybe I don’t understand or know what I’m doing at all.
Is anyone in the process of completing the Practicode or completed it? Did you struggle? Any advice on how to get through it, like how many cases you did each day?

I have been coding for several years and have coded multiple specialties as well. I can guarantee you that every coder has been where you are now and asked themselves if they can do it. It's like riding a roller-coaster, there are ups and downs. No coder knows everything which makes this forum so valuable. Just remember to take it one step at a time, little by little it will make sense. Just hang in there. I'm assuming you are starting with E/M. That is difficult at first. My advice would be to go slow and put the pieces together. When I work with newly hired coders I review their audit sheets. I don't care how many they do, at first, I care about their accuracy. After you understand how to fill out the audit sheets accurately your speed will naturally increase.

I have to force myself to continue Practicode. I'm nearing the end of the second module and seem to be getting more correct than wrong answers, but I failed the first module Assessment 3 times. I have thoroughly research all the correct answers given in module one, recorded every scenario, even used my notes to take the assessment and my best score was in the 60's.
There are so many answers I don't agree with, missing info, contradictory info - it is just so frustrating to be on this hamster wheel when all I want to do is enjoy some facility coding. Period. That's all I'm after.
So I continue to slog through, knowing even when I finish it's not going to count anything toward removing my "A" and it makes no difference in the long run. Just Doing It

I was on the last 5 cases in the second section of the 600 cases when I decided I was done with it. My age and disability will prevent me from working more than a couple years and it's very disappointing since I wanted to work toward buying a van with a ramp for my power scooter. But it's not worth beating myself up when my answers don't match theirs.
I could make a whole lot more $$ if I could find a part-time RN position that didn't require physical effort but I'm having trouble even finding that. That's why I was hoping to settle into coding outpatient procedures since that's as close as I can get to being back in the OR like I used to be.