Wiki Struggling

Best answers
I am taking the CPC course on line , and I am struggling a bit....i am doing my best , but it seems my brain doesn't quite work like it did years ago.....it is a little difficult for someone who has been out of school for a "minute" . I work in DME so this is a challenge in the different areas if you had never had hands, or dealt with those areas before.....any suggestions? Would the local chapter have like tutors , or someone to help, if needed?

You could probably hire a tutor, but that would be expensive. First, make sure you're prepared for this course. Have you taken Anatomy and Physiology at all? If you haven't take it recently, perhaps you should get a refresher course in place. Also, medical terminology is critical to this certification, so you should brush up on that before you even attempt to take the CPC course.

It's not an easy examination, and the online course assumes that you have this coursework in advance. A tutor won't be of much help if you don't have the basics down first. Good luck.

I made/brought flash cards with medical terms and Prefixes and study them to death and i wrote notes in my coding books it helps out with tests.

I remember one person said they studied every day for 4 hours and they ended up passing the cpc test. I find the more i work with coding everyday the easier it becomes. I am taking the cpc course and its a lot of reading but its something you have to do everyday.