Wiki Sub-acute Inpatient Detox and Substance Abuse Treatment Center Billing

ksolis

Best answers
Hi All!

I have recently move from Internal Medicine/ Family Practice FQHC Billing to Behavioral Health/ Substance Abuse In-Patient Treatment Facility. I am new to this field and would like to any feed back on where this billing is professional or institutional.
Please advise.

I've been doing substance abuse billing for Detox, RTC, IOP and PHP, etc - I'd be happy to answer some of your questions, or at least try. You can private message me if it's easier.

Thank you!

I've been doing substance abuse billing for Detox, RTC, IOP and PHP, etc - I'd be happy to answer some of your questions, or at least try. You can private message me if it's easier.

Hi Emily ,

I sent a private message to your email. Thank you in advance for your time an help!!

Help

I can help as well, I've been dealing with all levels of care for a little over 4 years. sjsand@hotmail.com

Hi ,

I was hoping that you were be able to assist me with questions I have. I work for a Sub-acute Detox/Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Center. We are currently looking to bring our billing in-house and my billing experience is in internal medicine.

The following are the codes that we will bill for;

H0010

H0018

H0019

H0048

I have two questions;

Is revenue code 1002 the correct code?
Is place of service 55 correct?

I would greatly appreciate your input!

Thank you!

Karla

Detox- RTC

Are either one of you guys in CA by any chance?

Hi ,

I was hoping that you were be able to assist me with questions I have. I work for a Sub-acute Detox/Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Center. We are currently looking to bring our billing in-house and my billing experience is in internal medicine.

The following are the codes that we will bill for;

H0010

H0018

H0019

H0048

I have two questions;

Is revenue code 1002 the correct code?
Is place of service 55 correct?

I would greatly appreciate your input!

Thank you!

Karla

Anrhem denials

Hello,

Rev code 1002 is correct for RTC.
POS is 57

Now my question:
We are a substance abuse treatment facility billing detox, RTC, PHP, IOP and OP. Since the beginning of March 2018, Anthem has been denying our claims that use rev codes 0914 and 0915. The denial states: submit a corrected claim with a more specific code or submit medical records. Has anyone been able to find out what revenue codes they are wanting or have you been submitting medical records.

Last edited:
Facility Billing Residential Treatment

Hello All,

I am having problem with BCBS Wellmark South Dakota; all claims denied for medical records. We have authorization for all levels of care; DTX, RTC and PHP therefore I am concerned about the codes we used to bill with., see below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Services rendered in TX.

DTX first claim: bill type 112; H0010, REV 126, patient status 30. Last DTX bill type 114
RTC first claim bill type 112; H0019, REV 1002, patient status 30
PHP first claim bill type 133 S0201, 0913

BethK

New Question: Looking for help with OP substance abuse facility billing.

I bill for Sub-acute detox, residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient.

One of our clients is also doing GOP at their Residential Treatment Center. I have never billed for that. Most patients are coming in once per week, for 1.5 - 4 hours of group, individual, emotional healing, etc. I've looked at several HCPCS codes, including H2035 with Revenue code 0914, 0915, 0916 to identify the type of treatment on individual claim lines, or H2036 with 0919 for a mixture of treatments per diem. Am I on the right track?