• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Wiki Subdural hematoma - dictated diagnosis is chronic

Community Wiki

This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on AAPC for 30 days and have made 5 posts. Learn More
G
Code: I62.00

Code Name: ICD-10 Code for Nontraumatic subdural hemorrhage, unspecified

Block: Cerebrovascular diseases (I60-I69)

Excludes 1: transient cerebral ischemic attacks and related syndromes (G45.-)
traumatic intracranial hemorrhage (S06.-)

Use additional code to identify presence of:alcohol abuse and dependence (F10.-)
exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (Z77.22)
history of tobacco use (Z87.891)
hypertension (I10-I15)
occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (Z57.31)
tobacco dependence (F17.-)
tobacco use (Z72.0)

Details: Nontraumatic subdural hemorrhage, unspecified

I62

Excludes2: sequelae of intracranial hemorrhage (I69.2)

Guidelines: Diseases of the circulatory system (I00-I99)

Excludes 2: certain conditions originating in the perinatal period (P04-P96)
certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00-B99)
complications of pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00-O9A)
congenital malformations, deformations, and chromosomal abnormalities (Q00-Q99)
endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00-E88)
injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes (S00-T88)
neoplasms (C00-D49)
symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00-R94)
systemic connective tissue disorders (M30-M36)
transient cerebral ischemic attacks and related syndromes (G45.-)

For more details on I62.00, ICD-10 Code for Nontraumatic subdural hemorrhage, unspecified , visit: https://coder.aapc.com/icd-10-codes/

todd5400

Best answers
patient fell and had a subdural hematoma 852.2x - 3 weeks later he comes back and has a crani for subdural and the dictated diagnosis is chronic and subacute subdural - which ICD-9 would you use, 852.2x or 432.1?
Mary:confused:

amolson1325

Networker
Best answers
patient fell and had a subdural hematoma 852.2x - 3 weeks later he comes back and has a crani for subdural and the dictated diagnosis is chronic and subacute subdural - which ICD-9 would you use, 852.2x or 432.1?
Mary:confused:
I would go for 852.2X because under 432.1 it says subdural hematoma, nontraumatic; and it was caused by an injury.

Hope it helps!

kcalvet

New
Best answers
Hello everyone

Have you guys ever billed for "HISTORY of Subdural Hematoma". What code should i use?

thank you in advance