Wiki Suboxone Induction

WendyJ87

Best answers
I am looking for a code that is used for Suboxone induction. The patient was seen by the physician, and prescribed suboxone. The patient stayed in the clinic for four hours and was monitored by nursing every 1/3 an hour. The physician also checked in on the patient a few times. For the physicians time I would use the appropriate E/M code, but I'm not sure how to code for the full 4 hours of time. Does anyone else know how to code this?

I am looking for a code that is used for Suboxone induction. The patient was seen by the physician, and prescribed suboxone. The patient stayed in the clinic for four hours and was monitored by nursing every 1/3 an hour. The physician also checked in on the patient a few times. For the physicians time I would use the appropriate E/M code, but I'm not sure how to code for the full 4 hours of time. Does anyone else know how to code this?

There is no specific code for Suboxone Induction. You would code the appropriate E&M plus 99354/99355, depending on how much face to face time is documented.

CPT 99415 for Prolonged Clinical Staff service in outpatient setting

I would think that CPT 99415 (new for 2016) could be billed for Prolonged Clinical Services, with Direct Patient contact and Physician Supervision after an E&M services same day. Any thoughts?