Wiki Substance Abuse Residential Billing

JJcodes

New
Best answers
I do all the billing and coding for a residential treatment facility that does all levels of care which include residential treatment, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient and general outpatient. I would like to connect to others who are familiar with the coding and billing side with this type of facility. I am having no issues with RTC billing but am running into issues with the IOP getting paid. I have noticed that some insurances want them on a UB-04 claim with the revenue code 906 and I hope I am correct with the billing type of 132, 133, etc.

Also I wanted to bump ideas of another coder on how they are handling getting all the therapist to document properly to meet the requirements of the PHP and IOP hours.

Anyone interested in joining an email exchange please contact me at
jjcodesabuse@gmail.com

Thank you :)

IOP, UB-04 Facility claims, billing Type 131, Rev 906,
where are you located? in florida to submit claims through Jacksonville/Florida Blue you need a non-participating provider ID.
Does you state require this? For instance, In FL, If you don't have this 3 digits in box 51 you will not see reimbursement

At my facility we do the same as what robertjsenese stated above.

I would really like to connect with a coder that has extensive experience in this area, as I have only been in my organization for about six months now. I currently work in the residential facility providing RES, PHP, and IOP levels of care. We also have Outpatient clinics and so I am working to learn more about this specialty.

If you would like to connect, please email me tmonroeca@gmail.com

Thanks

New to Residential Billing

Help!!!! My provider is opening a private, freestanding residential detox and I need help/guidance on billing. Does anyone know where I could obtain training in regards to this field? Or is anyone willing to share information? Ex - what codes for are you using for the stay? can we bill lcsw and physician services separately? I have extensive knowledge of internal, family, radiology, pt, lab but I am clueless on this. Any suggestions / feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you