Wiki Subtotal cranial vault remodeling/cranioplasty

Best answers
If anyone is experienced in this area please let me know. I need a resource for some coding questions I have.

Yes

Yes I am. My doctor wants to bill it with a 21180 and a 22 modifier even if it's posterior. I'm not sure I agree but I don't have much experience in this arena.

Please post the op note

For an accruate response to surgical coding questions you'll need to post the scrubbed op note.

Feel free to send me a Private Message, as I do work for Pediatric Craniofacial Surgeons.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

I started using 61558 and 61559 for higher reimbursment since many ins payors ignore the 22 modifier for increase service. Look closely at the documentation and see if those codes can be used.

Simone, CPC

CPT 615xx

For an accurate response to surgical coding questions, please post the scrubbed operative/procedure note.

There are a variety of codes for repair of craniosynostosis, depending on location and extent of surgery. Check CPT 615xx. These are frequently done as co-surgeries with a Neurosurgeon and Plastic/Craniofacial Surgeon.

With all due respect to Simone ... there are too many variables to give you any sort of blanket statement on what code(s) to use.

Feel free to send me a private message if you want to connect further. I'd be happy to talk to you about this.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC