Wiki Super obesity

solocoder

Expert
Best answers
If super obesity is documented, would that be coded as Morbid Obesity E66.9? Or Other Obesity E66.8? Something else? I have not been able to find any guidance on Super Obesity.

Hi Solocoder
I just wanted to add that if use dx E66.01 Morbid Obesity or any obesity codes please add the dx Z68 block per the BMI % on the record for this patient. The ICD10 manual states these 2 codes work together if it is documented in the day s documentation. Also some other good dx codes to know for obese patients are if documented in the record or doc give dx list. F50 if patient is binge eater, dx R93.9 if pt. gets xray too obese blocks organ, Diet counseling Z71.3 and Z71.82 exercise counseling. There are CPT code for behavior health modification(smoking and drinking and obesity) see cpt 99401 to 99403.Using these CPTs doc or provider must add minutes in record and talk to pt for at least 10 minutes on weight control to get paid.. Also check out CPT 97802- 97804 but for dieticians. Check out dx E66.3 nutritional counseling and E65 Localized Adipose or overly obese.
I hope this data helps
Lady T :)