Wiki Supracondylar Fx with intercondylar extension and Lateral Condyle Fx of distal Femur

agibbons

New
Best answers
What would be the correct CPT for Open Treatment of a Supracondylar Distal Femur Fracture with Intercondylar Extension and a Lateral Condylar Femur Fracture performed during the same open incision? We are considering both CPT’s 27513 and 27514, however want to ensure that even though there are no NCCI edits for this code pair that these are not considered inclusive of one another due to the anatomic sites and same surgery/incision guidelines within NCCI Manual or other resources like AAOS.

An arthrotomy was made laterally. Elevating patella up I worked through the joint and visualized intercondylar split. This was reduced and held with K-wires and reduction clamps. 2 cannulated screws were placed for fixation. The patient also has a Hoffa fragment. I proceeded to reduce the supracondylar distal femur fracture and placed a plate for fixation with screws. I fixed the condylar fracture by placing anterior to posterior headless screws into the lateral condylar fracture. Please note this was in the coronal plane. Vivigen bone allograft was placed into the comminution zone.