Wiki Surgery Question

gordelly1

Best answers
My Dr. performed a 58662 on the right ovary without doing the lysis of adhesions then did 58660 on the left without doing the fulguration. Would I just use the 58662 for the whole procedure or split it up, right and left? My thinking is just to use the 58662 for the whole thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

My Dr. performed a 58662 on the right ovary without doing the lysis of adhesions then did 58660 on the left without doing the fulguration. Would I just use the 58662 for the whole procedure or split it up, right and left? My thinking is just to use the 58662 for the whole thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Coders! I see that some of you have read this post but no replies. Any suggestions for the above? Thanks a bunch!

58662 reads as a unilateral procedure so the fact that you did procedures on both ovaries, it may be billable with a rt and lt modifier. however, i would only bill the lysis on that one ovary if it was significant. if it was more of an incidental procedure since she was already there, i would probably just bill the 58662. jjanem