Wiki surgery

Best answers
Hi

I am trying to bill cpt code 26735, and its denying for modifier. The Dr. saw the patient in the office the day before. He did the surgery, no complications, just the procedure 26735.. what is the correct modifier to be used here.

There would be no modifier used on the procedure code. Was the decision for surgery made during the office visit? The modifier would need to be applied to the office visit, if appropriate. If the decision for surgery was made during the office visit, you'd want to look at mod 57. 26735 is a major procedure and if the office visit was part of the pre-op, then it would not be billed as it would be global.

Hi

I am trying to bill cpt code 26735, and its denying for modifier. The Dr. saw the patient in the office the day before. He did the surgery, no complications, just the procedure 26735.. what is the correct modifier to be used here.

Could they possibly want the appropriate "F-" HCPCS modifier? I'm not familiar with this CPT, this is just a guess, after reading the CPT description.