Wiki suture repair gluteus medius and minimus tendons

deborahcook4040

Networker
Best answers
Can I code this with a hemiarthroplasty? If so, what codes do I use? It's not a decompression fasciotomy (27027/27057) or a tenotomy(27006). Do I use an unlisted procedure code? If so, has anyone ever been paid using an unlisted code WITH a hemiarthroplasty?

Doc did a hemiarthroplasty of the hip with suture repair of avulsed abductors of the hip. Op report is as follows (i'm skipping the hemiarthroplasy portion):

It was noted immediately that the tendon of the gluteus medius and minimus had avulsed off the greater trochanter, and that this region was bare. The patient had reduction performed. Attention was then paid to performing a meticulous repair of the avulsed abductors. Drill holes were placed in the greater trochanter. Fiberwire sutures were passed into the drill holes and then repair was performed of the gluteus minimus and medius tendons back to the greater trochanter.

The patient subsequently had the IT band closed, tensor facia latae closed, followed by closure of the subcutaneous tissue and skin.

Thanks

Debby