Wiki T10-11 fracture

Best answers
Is there a code for fracture of T10-11? I only see T9-10 or T11-12. Which one is more accurate? Here is what the MD reported: "Thoracic fracture at T10-T11 with three column injury"

Thank you

I agree, if there are two fractured bones, you'd use two separate diagnosis codes. Not sure what code range your looking at, but each vertebra has its own codes for traumatic fractures.

I agree, if there are two fractured bones, you'd use two separate diagnosis codes. Not sure what code range your looking at, but each vertebra has its own codes for traumatic fractures.
The codes for traumatic thoracic fractures have T9-10 and T11-12. No T10-11. The code range is S22.0-S22.9 The only codes for separate bones are T1-4.

The codes for traumatic thoracic fractures have T9-10 and T11-12. No T10-11. The code range is S22.0-S22.9 The only codes for separate bones are T1-4.
OK, I see what you're saying. But those codes aren't for reporting two fractures - it just happens to be the case that in those other cases the two different vertebrae are reported with the same code.

In your case, you have a T10 and a T11 fracture, which are reported with different codes. So the T10 is going to be reported using the S22.07- codes, and the T11 fracture is reported using the S22.08- codes.