Wiki Table of Risk - presenting problem

lhoot

Best answers
Good Morning,
I'm hoping someone can help me determine the level of risk in respect to the presenting problem for certain conditions. Since the overall risk would be the higher level of presenting problem, diagnostic procedures ordered, and management options selected, I'm a little stuck on how to score some conditions. I understand that the whole MDM is based on multiple factors, but my focus is on the presenting problem of the table of risk for this question. What level of risk would the following problems/conditions/dxs fall under?
1. tendinitis
2. tenosynovitis
3. bursitis
4. halux varus/vargus
5. Achilles tendon contracture

Thank you in advance for everyone's time and replies.
Laura

MDM Basics

There three things to consider to determine MDM for the visit:

PRESENTING PROBLEMS:
1 point for a known stable condition, 2 points for a known condition that is not responding to treatment (basically). This is done for EVERY diagnosis That the doc addresses. Once you have four points, move on.

Data:
You get 1 by default and it will not change your MDM until you have 3 of them, which almost never happens. So basically give yourself one point and move on.

TABLE OF RISK:
Forget about "Minimal" since that is a bug bite. Forget about "High" since this will basically never be used in an office setting. Your two choices after that are Low and Moderate.

Thank you, Orthocoderpgu, for your reply. I guess my question was more along the lines of, "are those listed diagnosis considered acute uncomplicated illnesses or would they be considered a moderate condition?" My intent was to break down the table of risk into it's basic form with grading or scoring each of the three components of the table of risk. Again, thank you very much for your response.
Laura