Wiki TAVR/TTE what is billable

tawneymurphy

Contributor
Best answers
Good morning,

I am trying to figure out what is included in a TAVR as far as the diagnostic testing done the same day and the day after the procedure and what is considered billable. From my understanding a TTE will be done a few weeks or months before the TAVR to understand the grade of aortic stenosis, a TTE will be performed during the TAVR to make sure there are no leaks and overall valve function is good, another TTE is performed after the TAVR (same day) to evaluate cardiac function and the prosthetic valve, and then another TTE is performed the day after the procedure to evaluate the cardiac function again and based on those results what cardiac care is needed going forward for the patient.

What is bundled/considered part of the TAVR procedure?

Is the TTE done the same day included in the TAVR?

Is the TTE done the day after included in the TAVR?

Any advice helps, thank you

Good morning,

I am trying to figure out what is included in a TAVR as far as the diagnostic testing done the same day and the day after the procedure and what is considered billable. From my understanding a TTE will be done a few weeks or months before the TAVR to understand the grade of aortic stenosis, a TTE will be performed during the TAVR to make sure there are no leaks and overall valve function is good, another TTE is performed after the TAVR (same day) to evaluate cardiac function and the prosthetic valve, and then another TTE is performed the day after the procedure to evaluate the cardiac function again and based on those results what cardiac care is needed going forward for the patient.

What is bundled/considered part of the TAVR procedure?

Is the TTE done the same day included in the TAVR?

Is the TTE done the day after included in the TAVR?

Any advice helps, thank you

Hello did you ever get an answer to this question?

Thank you,