Wiki Tavr

jljdmjkmj

New
Best answers
Hello,

Can anyone confirm if my thought process is correct or incorrect? A patient had a TAVR performed yesterday and we are the co-surgeon. One of our other providers had to perform RH/LH cath during the procedure. is it correct or incorrect that we can bill for this as long as it was not related to the reason for the TAVR? If this is correct what would be the best modifier?

Thank you all for any advice you may be able to offer
:D

Hello,

Can anyone confirm if my thought process is correct or incorrect? A patient had a TAVR performed yesterday and we are the co-surgeon. One of our other providers had to perform RH/LH cath during the procedure. is it correct or incorrect that we can bill for this as long as it was not related to the reason for the TAVR? If this is correct what would be the best modifier?

Thank you all for any advice you may be able to offer
:D

I have billed TAVRS but have not had this happen before. I believe you should be able to bill this. Take a look at modifier 79. I went through the list in CPT and this looks like the only reasonable one to use. When it says same provider I believe that covers all providers under the same tax ID.

Maybe someone else will weigh in with different/better advice but I do agree with your though process :)

Emily

no, the cardiac cath is typically not billable during TAVR. all diagnostic or mapping procedures are automatically included in the TAVR code. the only time this would be reimbursable is if the patient's condition had changed significantly enough to warrant further evaluation. This is very rare and I've only billed a LHC once during the 50 TAVRs we've performed.