Wiki -tc modifier in ama - component modifier

mad_one80

Best answers
wondering if anyone knows where i can find the definition of the -TC modifier in the AMA CPC book???

I'm getting insurance denials(aetna) saying that they dont "recognize" that technical component modifier.

any ama link or page # reference is appreciated!!!! (sorry, they wont accept linked defintion from just any site, they specifically said it needs to be from AMA or a printout of the page from the AMA book!!!)

Additional Question Regarding -TC Modifier

I have an additional question regarding this same topic.

I work in a physician's office and we have a fluoroscopy machine here. I just got an EOB back and it bundled the fluoro with the procedure because I didn't attach the correct modifier. Would I attach both -26 and TC?

Thank you for your help in figuring this out!

I have an additional question regarding this same topic.

I work in a physician's office and we have a fluoroscopy machine here. I just got an EOB back and it bundled the fluoro with the procedure because I didn't attach the correct modifier. Would I attach both -26 and TC?

Thank you for your help in figuring this out!

If your physician owns the machine and is also interpreting the results, then you would bill your flouro code with NO modifier.

That's what I thought too, but Medicare bundled it with the injection and told me that I had to append a Modifier.

He does own the machine - so I just don't know!
:confused: