Wiki TC Modifier

I think if he/she is leasing it then they are considered owner therefore no modifier will be needed. You should be reimbursed fully to pay off that lease.

I believe hospitals/facilities will be the ones to bill the TC if a physician uses their equipment but in this case it appears you own the equipment or are at least paying for it. =)

Last edited:
80101 is a deleted code for 2015. But if your payer is using it, or you're billing for old services, the code is not designated as having a professional/technical component split, so no modifier is needed or appropriate. It's a clinical lab service, so the entire fee is technical, in that sense. Make sure you have a correct and current CLIA certificate if billing from the office!

Our CLIA cert. is current. I noticed 80101 has been deleted but I was told if it is in the Workers Comp. fee schedule we can still use it?? Thank you both so much for your response!! I didn't think we needed the modifier but I wanted to be positive before I started removing it. Thanks again!!