Wiki TCM code use in a nephrology setting

jrsfla@aol.com

Networker
Best answers
Hello, I have researched general guidelines through CMS. Reaching out to inquire about actual use in a nephrology setting.
Any information is appreciated. TY!

It's been a hot minute since I have coded TCM but if I remember correctly, there is no "specific" provider the patient has to follow up with. I don't think it states anywhere that the patient needs to follow up with their PCP.

I just looked up the CMS guidelines and it states "Health Care Professionals Who May Furnish TCM Services" - Physicians (Any Specialty).

I would feel comfortable billing it from your clinic if the documentation and requirements are supported. :)

It's been a hot minute since I have coded TCM but if I remember correctly, there is no "specific" provider the patient has to follow up with. I don't think it states anywhere that the patient needs to follow up with their PCP.

I just looked up the CMS guidelines and it states "Health Care Professionals Who May Furnish TCM Services" - Physicians (Any Specialty).

I would feel comfortable billing it from your clinic if the documentation and requirements are supported. :)
Thanks so much Brittany