Wiki Technical-Professional Component 1claim

tsmith318

Best answers
I work for a portable x-ray company and we bill both the TC and PC modifiers. We currently do this on two separate claims. I am trying to determine if they can be on the same claim as a way to shorten the charge entry process.

Example: currently we bill 71010-TC Q0092 R0070 on one claim. Then the 71010-26 on a separate claim.

Can these be combined to look like 71010-TC Q0092 R0070 71010-26?

Also if you can provide the link to the information or where I can find the written documentation would be greatly appreciated!!:eek:

If you bill both components on one claim, you'd bill the global code..71010 with no modifier. Unless the -26 and -TC are reimbursed to different TINs or NPIs, then you should bill globally.

Thanks for the info... I guess I should clarify. When we bill Medicare we bill the components separately. The TC is billed with the referring doctor's NPI and the 26 is billed with the reading doctor's NPI. So what I was wondering if we could bill all of that on the same claim since we use the separate modifiers and the multiple NPI's.

As a side note-- we bill all other insurances globally (no TC/26).

I don't believe you can bill multiple NPIs on a single claim. We cannot through our EHR, because each claim is uploaded for a single NPI.

technical documentation

Do either of you have a source for what information must be in my rad docs report if he is contractually paying an outside neurologist to provide a "global looking" report for 70553 brain mri? Does my rad doc have to provide title, contrast and procedure performed as the bare minimum?