Wiki TEE Documentation

aunderhill

Networker
Best answers
Hello all, when billing a complete TEE 93312 does the doctor have to say that they passed the probe in the documentation?

Yes, to bill 93312-Echocardiography, transesophageal, real-time with image documentation (2D) (with or without M-mode recording); including probe placement, image acquisition, interpretation and report, they do need to be stated under procedure description.

After noticing a few denials, we requested our Cardiologist to add this step to the existing template (if he places the prob). Since then, we didn't have any issues.

Otherwise, it qualifies only for 93314 - Echocardiography, transesophageal, real-time with image documentation (2D) (with or without M-mode recording); image acquisition, interpretation and report only.

HTH.

Yes, to bill 93312-Echocardiography, transesophageal, real-time with image documentation (2D) (with or without M-mode recording); including probe placement, image acquisition, interpretation and report, they do need to be stated under procedure description.

After noticing a few denials, we requested our Cardiologist to add this step to the existing template (if he places the prob). Since then, we didn't have any issues.

Otherwise, it qualifies only for 93314 - Echocardiography, transesophageal, real-time with image documentation (2D) (with or without M-mode recording); image acquisition, interpretation and report only.

HTH.
Thank you so much! You have made me comfortable replying to my provider. I appreciate it so much!