Wiki Telehealth visit & Lab visit on same day same office.?

pcapozzoli

Best answers
We are a Family Practice with ancillaries (i.e. labs, xray, ultrasound, etc) done in the same office setting. My question is, sometimes a provider will do a telemedicine visit with a patient, then ask the patient to come in to our lab on the same day to do a lab test (usually a urine for a suspected UTI). I have to bill the office visit as a remote location (I use a 95 modifier) and bill the labs as office location (the patient POS is in the office for the labs). Is this going to cause a problem because I am showing the patient was treated in two different location on the same day for the same visit?

My concern is our office is starting to have more of these type of visits where on the same day and same provider - a Telemed visit is preformed AND an in office xray, ultrasound or other test is done).

I have not received any response from any payers yet to this type of billing but am interested if it is OK to bill this. Anyone??

I don't think there's a problem with the telemedicine and labs ( office location) on the same day. However, when it comes to EKG's and X-ray's etc., I would append a 25 modifier on the E/M.