Wiki Telemed and therapists

Best answers
I have a few therapists who want to work from home and see their clients virtually. My concern is our TIN, group NPI and bussiness is a C corporation and the servicing address is our business adress. Can my therpaists do this and if not, where can I find information to prove this to them?

Hi there,
Under a current PHE waiver providers can perform covered telehealth services from their home and bill under the practice'saddress. However, that waiver is set to expire Dec. 31.

www.cms.gov/files/document/physicians-and-other-clinicians-cms-flexibilities-fight-covid-19.pdf
Reporting Home Address: During the PHE, CMS allowed practitioners to render telehealth services from their home without reporting their home address on their Medicare enrollment while continuing to bill from their currently enrolled location. When the PHE ends, the waiver will continue through December 31, 2023

Tracey :)
Here are some tips on documenting telehealth....have provider at top of record verified pt demographic data is correct, pt given permission for phone or video Zoom , add time on documentation of video or phone. If video does not work convert to phone add this in documentation too. Plus still need assessment or dx and description , of patients illness, nature of complaint, medications, MDM, signature attesting, Etc.
I hope this extra data helps you
Lady T:)

Hello,
Can someone tell me if video zoom procedure codes are different then telehealth procedure codes?
I cannot seem to find this answer in this portal,

Thank you

Belinda

Hello,
Can someone tell me if video zoom procedure codes are different then telehealth procedure codes?
I cannot seem to find this answer in this portal,

Thank you

Belinda
Hi there, could you define video Zoom procedure?

A synchronous real-time audio/visual encounter is reported with the appropriate code. To my knowledge there are no codes based on the platform used.

I would define it as an office visit counseling session over a video call (face to face) patient at home and the provider is in the office.
Does that make sense - its just like a zoom call.

When performing synchronous, live, two-way interaction between patient and provider, bill your same CPT code as you would if in the office setting. Check with the patients insurance to see what modifier and POS they require as this varies among payors. Most require "95" modifier but some use "GT" modifier. The place of service will either be "10" for patient at home, or "2" for telehealth. A few will accept POS 11 as well. Again, refer to the payors website for their guidelines. https://www.cms.gov/files/document/03092020-covid-19-faqs-508.pdf