Wiki telemedicine 99214

Best answers
Hello, my dr did an "outpatient" follow with his patient but he conducted the telemedicine visit from the hospital he rounds at. I billed the 99214 with the mod 95, but i can't use the POS 21 - is it ok for me to use the POS 11 and use his clinic address although the dr was physically at the hospital during the visit.

If the patient was admitted to inpatient status when your provider saw them, then you'll need to keep the POS 21 but use the inpatient E&M codes from the range 99221-99233 codes. The payers will usually deny your claim if you bill an outpatient place of service when the records show that the patient was in the hospital on that date.

If the patient was at home and the doctor just happened to be (not at the office), then you bill the telehealth visit just as you would if he was in the office. I remember reading about this a while ago when some providers were working from home and didn't want to put their home address on the claim - the instruction was that it was a temporary "office" and to bill as if it occurred in the actual office.

If the patient was at home and the doctor just happened to be (not at the office), then you bill the telehealth visit just as you would if he was in the office. I remember reading about this a while ago when some providers were working from home and didn't want to put their home address on the claim - the instruction was that it was a temporary "office" and to bill as if it occurred in the actual office.
ok that is what i was thinking too ... thank you so much for your time!