Wiki Temporary Flu Shot Codes

lduquette

Best answers
My provider has heard that some payers are using temporary flu shot codes (until the Jan 1 2018 change to 90756)

She wants me to find out if and who is using them and what they are. :confused:
I've tried calling like she asked me to, but I got the response I expected (we can't tell you what to bill)

Can anyone tell me either who is using what codes or where I might look/call to find out?

90674 versus 90749

MLN Matter article helpful. My issue on Commercial side. We are using Flucelvax Quadrivalent- multi dose vials, w/ preservative. According to resources I have been able to uncover and manufacturer suggestion, indicates to use 90749 - which is an unlisted vaccine/toxoid code. I do include NDC #, doseage, when I send.

Issue I am running into is that insurance covers flu shot, but not the unspecified code. Thought to use 90674 however, that description is preservative and antibiotic-free - and single dose. We are using multidose vials w preservative.

I know new codes are coming Jan 2018- however, I am in a quandary on how to bill until that time. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you would include NDC # and use 90749. We also bill 90749

MLN Matter article helpful. My issue on Commercial side. We are using Flucelvax Quadrivalent- multi dose vials, w/ preservative. According to resources I have been able to uncover and manufacturer suggestion, indicates to use 90749 - which is an unlisted vaccine/toxoid code. I do include NDC #, doseage, when I send.

Issue I am running into is that insurance covers flu shot, but not the unspecified code. Thought to use 90674 however, that description is preservative and antibiotic-free - and single dose. We are using multidose vials w preservative.

I know new codes are coming Jan 2018- however, I am in a quandary on how to bill until that time. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Admin Code?

This is my First Flu season I started working primary care in April Previously I was coding Excluisively for surgeons. Is Medicare the only one that requires the Admin g0008 ( I know it changes in Jan) we have been coding the 90749 & 90471 Seems to Include the Admin? Just a little confused on What to do. Any Help is appreciated