Wiki Terminated surgery

amartinez1

Best answers
I NEED A LITTLE HELP ON THIS SURGERY. PATIENT WENT IN FOR BICEP TENDON RECONSTRUCTION, BUT IT TURNS OUT AFTER THE INSCISION WAS MADE AND THE DOCTOR OPENED IT UP IT SHOWED THAT THE BICEP TENDON HAD ALREADY HEALED. IS THERE A CODE FOR EXPLORATION OF THE BICEP TENDON? OR DO i CODE THE PROCEDURE WITH A MODIFIER? IM NOT SURE HOW TO CODE THIS ONE. I WAS THINKING OF CODING 24342 FOR THE REPAIR WITH MODIFIER 53. THE DOCTOR DID OPEN IT AND EXPLORED TO FIND THAT THE BICEP DID NOT NEED REPAIR SO HE CLOSED THE INSCISION BACK UP. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Need help on this surgery. All doctor went in is explored the bicep tendon he initially made inscision to repair te bicep tendon but once in there found that it had been scarred down and healed so he just closed the insicion. Does anyone know if this should be coded as bicep tendon reconstruction 24342-53mod or as 24101. Please help.

Need help on this surgery. All doctor went in is explored the bicep tendon he initially made inscision to repair te bicep tendon but once in there found that it had been scarred down and healed so he just closed the insicion. Does anyone know if this should be coded as bicep tendon reconstruction 24342-53mod or as 24101. Please help.

i would use modifier 53