Wiki Tests for remote coding positions

tpequeno

Contributor
Best answers
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone else is having the same experience I am having with these remote coding tests for employment. Even though I have been coding for years and passed my CPC on the first try and scored well, I can't pass any of these remote coding tests for employment. I am not sure if it is just me or does more coders have problems with these tests?

Remote coding tests

A former work colleague of mine who has several years experience also failed one of these tests. I guess it goes to show that they want you to be good because you have no one to fall back on for advice. Those without experience who think they can have a nice, easy stay-at-home job will find it tougher than they think to find that dream job. It makes sense to me that these companies really want you to have a good knowledge before they will employ you.

Yes some of the test are hard and others are just too long. I tried getting a part time remote job just to bring in a few extra bucks but the test i recieved were so long they said i would need at least 2 hours and i think i would have. I always get emails back after i apply for these jobs but the test are just so long i never have time to complete them. Also i have seen a few companies advertise they are hiring both facility and physician's and when i get the test it's for both and i'm not firmiliar with the facility coding.

This testing is overkill. I've seen these tests and some of them look as if they were assembled by the HR staff, not a certified coder.

I'd prefer to work for an employer who has current coding assessments and preferably those who are standardized.

Anyhow, don't put too much into their "score" of your coding skill; by and large, the tests aren't as official as they like to think.

Well it does make me feel better to hear some of your replies. I have worked many years coding physician operative reports and have not had a complaint yet from any of my physicians who love to micromanage their A/R. But it is true that these tests both have physician and facility coding which I do not have any experience with.