Wiki The requirements for using the -AA modifier

jgossett

Networker
Best answers
I have a case where the CRNA performed the pre anesthesia evaluation, but the MDA personally performed all other requirements of the anesthesia service.

In my research online, I find that both the CRNA and the MDA can bill for their services using the -QZ and the -AA modifiers, but that doesn't sound right to me. I cannot find anything that stipulates and describes the requirements for using the -AA modifier.

Can anybody out there help?

To perhaps clarify my question...I am looking for the requirements that support the use of the -AA modifier.

I have a case where the CRNA performed the pre anesthesia evaluation, but the MDA personally performed all other requirements of the anesthesia service.

In my research online, I find that both the CRNA and the MDA can bill for their services using the -QZ and the -AA modifiers, but that doesn't sound right to me. I cannot find anything that stipulates and describes the requirements for using the -AA modifier.

Can anybody out there help?

To perhaps clarify my question...I am looking for the requirements that support the use of the -AA modifier.

Modifier AA can only be used for the anesthesiologist. And would only be appropriate if the anesthesiologist worked ALONE, performing ALL of the anesthesia components. In the instance where a CRNA did a portion of the work, the AA would no longer be used because the anesthesiologist did not work alone.

You would need to look at -QY for the anesthesiologist and -QX for the CRNA.