Wiki Thoughts on the AAPC A&P Course?

alwolfgram

Contributor
Best answers
Hi all,

There are some older posts on this topic, but I thought I'd see if there is any fresh information. Has anyone recently tried the AAPC A&P course, and would you be willing to share your experience?

Thanks,

Amy

AAPC A&P course

HI Amy,

I took the A&P class online through AAPC a few months ago. I thought it was very good. It was well organized, by organ system.

Heather

AAPC A&P course

I thought it was a joke! Very elementary! I can read....don't really need the person on the disc to read it to me! I was very disappointed!

AAPC A&P course

I purchased it a few weeks. I have a job with a major insurance company that involves translating ICD-9CM codes to ICD-10 codes for claims. I basically bought it for the CEU's. It is very rudimentary. If you want to gain an indepth understanding how it all works, I recommend the, "ICD-10-CM Coder Training Manual" by AHIMA.

If you buy it for CEU's you will not be disappointed. But I also found it to be very elementary. It was not what I had hoped for!

AAPC A&P Course

Thank you to everyone who responded. It seems that the consensus is that this course is geared more toward those with less experience or who are less familiar with A&P.

Thanks Again,

Amy

A&P

I have heard more positive things about the AHIMA class, but I'm not an AHIMA member so I am not personally familiar with their course. I've also heard that the WI Medical Society class is more intermediate and interactive, although from the description on the website it looks very similar to the AAPC course. I have spoken with the WI Medical Society folks and have been told that their course is *not* the AAPC course.

Amy

I have heard more positive things about the AHIMA class, but I'm not an AHIMA member so I am not personally familiar with their course. I've also heard that the WI Medical Society class is more intermediate and interactive, although from the description on the website it looks very similar to the AAPC course. I have spoken with the WI Medical Society folks and have been told that their course is *not* the AAPC course.

Amy

Amy;

The AHIMA course is no more advance then the AAPC course, plus the cost is about 3 times more expensive for less CEUs. AHIMA does not have audio to go along with the modules, but AAPC does. If the WI Medical Society appears to be very similar to the AAPC course then I personally would want the AAPC course.

Have a great day.