Wiki Thrombolysis in AV Loop Graft

dpumford

Best answers
A small incision was made to expose graft, there was No pulse at all in the graft.

Fistulogram was done and there was blockage at the venous anastomosis. Then 2 threatments of each 10 cm, long where done. (Trellis 6 system was used)

Due to blockage at the atrial end TPA was also done fot the arterial end. Again, an additional 5mg of TPA for total of 15 in the brachial artery; the arteriogram showed good results.

My question is would you only code for the venous 37187?? Since it is the same graft I am thinking can't do both arterial and venous? Or Am I missing a Thrombolysis code for a AV Loop Graft?:confused:

Thank you!

A small incision was made to expose graft, there was No pulse at all in the graft.

Fistulogram was done and there was blockage at the venous anastomosis. Then 2 threatments of each 10 cm, long where done. (Trellis 6 system was used)

Due to blockage at the atrial end TPA was also done fot the arterial end. Again, an additional 5mg of TPA for total of 15 in the brachial artery; the arteriogram showed good results.

My question is would you only code for the venous 37187?? Since it is the same graft I am thinking can't do both arterial and venous? Or Am I missing a Thrombolysis code for a AV Loop Graft?:confused:

Thank you!

What about 37201/75896? 37187 is for thrombectomy; and 36870 is fistula thrombectomy, unless I am interpresting this wrong. Also, I was trained that with Fistula's when intervention(s) are done in both arterial and venous portions, the arterial takes precedence.