Wiki Thrombolytic Infusion

kvogel03

Guru
Best answers
Hell Everyone,

I have a physician that started doing thrombolytic infusion and I am new to this. I am look at 37211. If, they only use one access point and place to EKOS catheter placements in the right interlobar artery and the left interlobar artery. Can I only bill 37211 once due to having only one access point ?

Hell Everyone,

I have a physician that started doing thrombolytic infusion and I am new to this. I am look at 37211. If, they only use one access point and place to EKOS catheter placements in the right interlobar artery and the left interlobar artery. Can I only bill 37211 once due to having only one access point ?
If it's Medicare, they only allow 1 per day unless it's bilateral access. Also, just in case, catheter placement can be reported separately and an initial diagnostic angiography and ultrasound guidance for vascular access if requirements are met.

Okay, Thanks for the information. I am new to this and trying to figure this out and if you have any helpful resources, please let me know.

If the physician did the catheter placements in both the right interlobar artery and the left interlobar artery and the physician used a swanz catheter to do RHC pressures only. Ultrasound guidance was done also, but not sure if it meets the requirements. Would I be able to use 36014-50 and 93451?