Wiki thyroid mass

Community Wiki

This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on AAPC for 30 days and have made 5 posts. Learn More
G
Code: E04.2

Code Name: ICD-10 Code for Nontoxic multinodular goiter

Block: Disorders of thyroid gland (E00-E07)

Details: Nontoxic multinodular goiter

Cystic goiter NOS
Multinodular (cystic) goiter NOS

E04

Excludes1: congenital goiter (NOS) (diffuse) (parenchymatous) (E03.0)
iodine-deficiency related goiter (E00-E02)

Guidelines: Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00-E89)

Excludes 1: transitory endocrine and metabolic disorders specific to newborn (P70-P74)

Note: All neoplasms, whether functionally active or not, are classified in Chapter 2. Appropriate codes in this chapter (i.e. E05.8, E07.0, E16-E31, E34.-) may be used as additional codes to indicate either functional activity by neoplasms and ectopic endocrine tissue or hyperfunction and hypofunction of endocrine glands associated with neoplasms and other conditions classified elsewhere.

For more details on E04.2 , ICD-10 Code for Nontoxic multinodular goiter , visit: https://coder.aapc.com/icd-10-codes/

codedog

True Blue
Best answers
I want to say 240.9 only because if you look under mass in ICD -9 book down where it says substernal and right under there says thyroid -see also goiter 240.9 -but this may be helpful

Associated ICD-9 Diagnostic Codes

226 Benign tumor of thyroid
193 Primary malignant tumor of thyroid
198.89 Secondary malignant tumor of thyroid
234.8 In situ tumor of thyroid
237.5 Tumor of thyroid - unspecified
240.0 Goiter, specified as simple
240.9 Goiter, unspecified
241 Non-toxic goiter
241.9 Unspecified non-toxic nodular goiter
242.0 to 242.9 Toxic diffuse goiter

Last edited:

preserene

Best answers
Thyroid mass can be a cyst, a goiter, a tumor any swelling .
so it is cannot be placed in any of those things. 246.9 only could go, i feel

ohn0disaster

Expert
Best answers

preserene

Best answers
The nodule is a small mass with firm or hard consistency where you can get to its edges or margins . It can be a benign or malignant neoplasm. But the description of the original thread is "Thyroid mass ",. It can be a huge or medium or small , or cystic, or soft or firm or hard or irregular or regular OR of any, away from a description. with this statement of thyroid mass, I would like to go only with all its uncertainity, what I said before, until a biopsy taken and reported