Wiki Total Joint Replacement

Hi,
If you look in the index of your CPT book under the term "Total Procedures", you can find some of your answers there. Some of the frequent "total" codes I use are: elbow replacement (24363), hip arthroplasty (27130), and knee arthroplasty (27447). I hope this helps.
-Ashley

Thank you so much!! We have a list that are not considered total joint replacement and I just wanted to make sure that we had the accurate CPT codes for total.

Stacy

What CPT Codes are included in Total Joint Replacement?
I'm not sure what your looking for with this question. All total joint replacements are very similar. The provider cuts down to the joint capsule, opens the capsule to expose the joint so that the bones can be cut and otherwise prepared for the implants. There is frequent confusion with a biceps tenodesis with total shoulder replacement. This is part of the joint replacement. In order to replace the shoulder joint the long biceps tendon is cut and then anchored back down later. Personally I have never seen another procedure performed during a total joint replacement, just the replacement. The provider might take biopsies, which are not separately reportable as well.