Wiki Transperineal biopsy of prostate with transrectal ultrasound

KaylaRieken

True Blue
Best answers
Is anyone else doing this procedure with a PrecisionPoint transperineal introducer? I have contacted Precison Point representatives and other urology offices doing this and they are coding with the 55706. A coder from an outpatient hospital, says that is wrong and to bill the 55700.

The transrectal ultrasound probe was inserted and the prostate was viewed in several views. At this point, I introduced a spinal needle and localixed the skin and under direct visualization, placed a bolus of local anesthetic near the apex of the prostate diffuse throughout this plane. Following this, I introduced the PrecisionPoint transperineal introducer with the large bore needle into the left side of the perineum. I engaged the endopelvic fascia and selected the upper aperture for my initial biopsies. I then inserted the biopsy gun and took several core biopsies from the anterior portion of the prostate. I then moved and took several core biopsies from the base, and then moved the aperture to the bottom and took several posterior biopsies. I then localized the skin and introduced the large bore access needle into the right perineum. Then in a standard fashion as described above, I performed a transperineal biopsy of the anterior prostate taking several extra cores from the anterior base where the transition zone lesion was identified. I then took several cores from the base as well as the posterior aspect of the prostate.

Any advice or contact info for offices doing this would be greatly appreciated.