Wiki Traumatic corneal, aphakia eye

coder067

Networker
Best answers
I need some help, I'm not real familiar with eye procedures. I'm thinking 65750 and 66985 but I'm not positive and need second opinion.
Traumatic corneal scar, left eye.
Traumatic aphakia, left eye.
Traumatic aniridia, left eye. A lid speculum was placed between the lids of the left eye. Conjunctiva was inspected and it was found that there was relatively loose conjunctiva in the 4 and 10 o’clock meridian. A peritomy was performed. Hemostasis was obtained with bipolar cautery. A Flieringa ring was sutured to the host with five 6-0 Vicryl sutures. The center of the cornea was marked and further marked with a RK marker. The donor corneal button, which has previously been inspected, was prepared with a 9.0-mm Weck trephine on Iowa press. At that point, the Hessburg-Barron vacuum corneal trephine was used to make a 90% thickness corneal trephination. The anterior chamber was entered and donor corneal button was removed with corneoscleral scissors. At that point, the posterior chamber intraocular lens with an artificial iris was brought into the operative field and sutured to the host with two 10-0 nylon sutures in a double-arm fashion passing through just line to limbus at the 4 and 10 o’clock meridian. The knots were tied, trimmed, and rotated into the scleral stroma. The donor corneal button was brought was brought into the operating field and sutured to host with 24 interrupted 10-0 nylon sutures. All the knots were tied, trimmed, and rotated into the corneal stroma. The anterior chamber has been filled various times and at the end, final pressure was achieved.

thanks

Last edited: