Wiki Tricare Address Needed

MarilynS

Networker
Best answers
Hello Everyone,
Our office has a lot of Tricare patients. (West Region) As of 01/01/2018 UnitedHealthCare no longer processes claims for Tricare. Healthnet took Tricare over. I have searched the internet for the new claims address with no luck. I have tried to call them since the first of the year and get nothing but busy signals.
Can someone please let me know what the new claims address is for the West Region? And payer ID?
Thank you!!!

What about claims and authorization status? I've called the old United Healthcare number and all menus state to call the new Healthnet number but then everyone at Healthnet says to call United Healthcare for anything year 2017. It's a mess plus the 45 to 75 minute wait times to get anyone at Healthnet.

Peace
@_@
Thanks for that info, Michelle.

Tricare West Region Transition

We've found the attached helpful in our office in addition to the above information provided. Supposedly existing referrals/authorizations issued by UHC will be honored by HNFS through their 2018 expiration dates...we'll see...their website is supposed to be kept up to date as well...fingers crossed. I can only imagine how much fun this one is going to be to ride through :)

Attachments

• Tricare_2017_FAQ_West (002).pdf
    340.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Tricare_2017_Where_to_Submit_Claims_QRC.pdf
    211.2 KB · Views: 7
We've found the attached helpful in our office in addition to the above information provided. Supposedly existing referrals/authorizations issued by UHC will be honored by HNFS through their 2018 expiration dates...we'll see...their website is supposed to be kept up to date as well...fingers crossed. I can only imagine how much fun this one is going to be to ride through :)

The problem is that on the second page of document #2 where it states that "after Dec 31, 2017, contact HNFS for all referral questions regardless of when the referral was processed" is not being honored by the phone reps at HNFS. They will just say that they cannot help you and to call United Healthcare which is an infinite loop since all calls to UHC will route you to a final message stating that HNFS is to be contacted then automatically hang up.

Peace
@__@

Tricare/Healthnet

Is anyone having any success with Healthnet? Half of my claims are being denied, even though I have auth from UHC.

The authorization request section is a joke and can't manage to even locate an insured. Same thing happens when I try to file an appeal.

Healthnet's homepage says they have loaded the UHC auths into their system, but I that doesn't seem to be the case either.

Can't request a claim review through the portal? WTH. You want me to actually MAIL you something? Like, in the MAIL? With a stamp?

Is it just me having a tough time with their portal? Or is everyone having these problems? When Group Health switched to Kaiser, it was seamless.