• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 22nd May, 2022. The site will be offline from 9:30PM (MT) till 11:30 PM MT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Trigeminal nerve vs.. facial nerve

TLVANDERPOOL

Contributor
Best answers
(Supratrochlear, supraorbital and infraorbital nerve blocks) I was advised to code these with cpt code 64402 facial nerve injection. I would have thought that code 64400 trigeminal nerve injection or any division or branch would better fit this procedure. The reason I was thinking this is that trigeminal nerve has 3 branches and one of the braches is opthalmic this nerve has branches listed and supratrochlear and surpraorgital are listed. I wanted to see if anyone could shead some light on this.. Thanks!

Best answers
Trigeminal Nerve Block

Hi,

I wanted to see if you could answer a question on the Trigeminal Nerve Blocks and Trigeminal Ablation.

I am coding for a Pain Management, Dr states that he did a Trigeminal Nerve Block at Supraorbital, Supratrochlear and Facial Nerve can I code it 3 times like he states or can you only do it once since it is all Branches of the Trigeminal Nerve??? Is it correct to Code 64400 X Three or If Ablation 64600 x 3???

Thanks I am new to Pain Coding.

Kimberly