Wiki TRIGGER FINGER VS TENOSYNOVECTOMY

Best answers
This is a lengthy question. Perhaps I should start by asking if anyone who does hand coding can describe the verbiage in the body of an op report to justify using CPT 26145 as opposed to 26055. Let me explain surgeon clearly dictates a 26055 but then insists on using CPT 26145 to bill. I am the ASC coder, I do not agree with this surgeon's choice but the surgeon insists that what he writes on the fee ticket is what he wants billed and his office bills the 26055 anyway. Perhaps I am being too stubborn, can these 2 codes be used interchangeably? Would love some expert opinions on this matter. Thanks in advance.

This is a lengthy question. Perhaps I should start by asking if anyone who does hand coding can describe the verbiage in the body of an op report to justify using CPT 26145 as opposed to 26055. Let me explain surgeon clearly dictates a 26055 but then insists on using CPT 26145 to bill. I am the ASC coder, I do not agree with this surgeon's choice but the surgeon insists that what he writes on the fee ticket is what he wants billed and his office bills the 26055 anyway. Perhaps I am being too stubborn, can these 2 codes be used interchangeably? Would love some expert opinions on this matter. Thanks in advance.
I'd suggest posting the op note (without personal information) for review. As for codes being used interchangeably ... no. Never.