• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Triplet Preg w/Vaginal delivery One at 22wks

amjordan

True Blue
Messages
750
Location
Blue Springs, MO
Ok, I need some opinions on this one. We have a triplet pregnancy and the mother delivered one at 22+ weeks that was a live birth. She has retained the other to fetuses hoping to carry to term.

My initial thought was to bill the delivery only code. What do you all think?
 
vaginal delivery

WoW! I've never heard of that!! Interesting scenario. First I thought, do the global delivery, but then the patient is still pregnant and you wouldn't receive payment for the rest of the pregnancy and have trouble with the other 2 deliveries.
So, I think I agree with you, delivery only for this one and then code global when she delivers again with second delivery. You will probably have to submit documentation. (Only a guess, but I would certainly question this one)!!!
Thanks for posting this!
 
I had similar scenario happen in FLorida the mom had Twins. I billed delivery only, and when the second baby was delivered I sent the documentation from the first delivery in order to avoid the denials.....
 
Top