Wiki Twins, Midwife and physician, vaginal deliveries

Best answers
Hello,
I was hoping for some advice on billing this twin delivery. Our midwife and our physician shared antepartum care, midwife delivered baby A vaginally and physician delivered baby B, vaginally- breech extraction.
Is there a way to split the global so they both get that credit? Or do I have to assign one 59400 and the other 59409-59?
Thank you for your time, Desiree

No, there's no way of splitting the global. Whether it was the same provider who delivered both or two different ones, for twins you would bill as you stated 59400 for one and 59409-59 for the other.

Hello,
I was hoping for some advice on billing this twin delivery. Our midwife and our physician shared antepartum care, midwife delivered baby A vaginally and physician delivered baby B, vaginally- breech extraction.
Is there a way to split the global so they both get that credit? Or do I have to assign one 59400 and the other 59409-59?
Thank you for your time, Desiree
From a coding perspective no. From the perspective of giving each RVU credit for the work done you can do it internally to make sure each get credit for the work performed.